|Thursday, June 28th, 2012|
|Saturday, May 19th, 2012|
* [Export FFVII] Add exporting with correct scale (must be set in export.cfg for now). [Akari]
* [Background] Add background init and resizing corrently depending on resolution. [Akari]
* [Export FFVII] Fix background depth export. [Akari]
|Sunday, April 29th, 2012|
* [Content] Modify "MapChanger" entity to load player in given spawn point after map loading. [Akari]
* [Content] Add Savemap lua table to save all variables that was hold in real savemap. [Akari]
* [Entity] Set default run speed to 0.8 instead of 3.6 and default speed to 0.7 instead of 0.9. This is more like speeds in FFVII. [Akari]
* [Entity] Unite default and move idle animation. [Akari]
* [Entity] Rework inner animation state and play types handling. [Akari]
* [Content] Start of "ffvii_md1stin" scripting and markup gateways on maps "ffvii_md1stin", "ffvii_md1_1", "ffvii_md1_2". [Akari]
* [Export FFVII] Add gateway map names and spawn position exporting. [Akari]
|Friday, March 9th, 2012|
|Wednesday, August 10th, 2011|
|Monday, August 1st, 2011|
Begin menu =)
* [UI] Add UI debug draw. [Akari]
* [UI] Fix prototype loading without name. [Akari]
* [Script] Add on_update callback to all entities. [Akari]
* [Script] Scripts now added only if this table or function exist. [Akari]
* [UI] Add prototypes tags and posibility to define prototype. [Akari]
* [UI] Add shaders support for UiSprite. Thet can be assigned with "vertex_shader"
and "fragment_shader" in xml. [Akari, Cloudef]
* [Console] paint error messages to red and warning to yellow. [Akari]
* [Application] Add setting Z to debug draw to enable depth sorting. [Akari]
* [UI] Ui drawn under debug draw. [Akari]
* [Console] Make green colour for autocompletition. [Akari]
* [Console] Console moved to debug draw. [Akari]
* [UI] Add xml support for Ui Texts. Add colour tag to change colour of Ui text. [Akari]
|Friday, July 15th, 2011|
* [UI] Add font classes to manage our custom UI fonts. [Akari]
* [UI] Add fonts for english and japanese characters. [Akari]
* [UI] Add text widget. Add "text_area" tag with fields text and font. [Akari]
* [UI] Make widget try play default animation if default anim state is set. [Akari]
Now it's time for text aligment, colours and other font enhancments. =)
|Saturday, July 2nd, 2011|
|Wednesday, June 29th, 2011|
Layout work finished.
* [UI] Added posibility to set x, y, width and height in percent and pixels altogether. [Akari]
After a bit testing seting params in pixels altogather with % seems more efficient than padding or margins.
UI can be drawn with all aspects just great. widgets can dynamic change their size acording to aspects. Everything for a good UI.
Now it's finished with layout and start time for a widget's animations =)
|Tuesday, June 28th, 2011|
Parents and Aligments.
All widgets now can be aligned left right center top middle or bottom. Position can be set in px and in %.
Now only padding feature left and i can go from formatting to visual features =)
|Sunday, June 26th, 2011|
Start working on UI. I have a lot of ideas about how create UI that can be skinnable and can hold both classical UI and something like this.
Work work. For now it's still just colorfull quads =D
Soon I add sprites support and animations =)
|Friday, May 13th, 2011|
|Sunday, May 8th, 2011|
Prepairing for v0.19 release.
A lot of changes since last version. I rewrote everything from scratch... again =D
Console became a lot better. Resource and sceme manager too.
A little pic from last.
* [Application] Rename log_level command to set_log_level to indicate command (not variable). [Akari]
* [Application] Add debug fps config variable. Enabled in config. [Akari]
* [Application] Make toggle command work with Strings instead of reals. [Akari]
* [Script] Add script manager debug and console variable to manage it (debug_script). Draws state of entity. [Akari]
* [Application] Move classes to new Debug system. [Akari]
* [Application] Rename masros (remove QGEARS prefix) for easiness. [Akari]
* [Application] Add debug draw Text Line and solid Quad. [Akari]
* [Application] Get rid of video config and initialise render manually. For now we use OpenGl and 800x600 resolution. [Akari]
* [Game] Add to scene file. Allows add scripts not assosiated with models. [Akari]
* [Script] Add script priority sorting. [Akari]
* [Script] Add script call functions (request, request_start_sync, request_end_sync). [Akari]
* [Entity] Add sync for animation end function (animation_sync). [Akari]
* [Script] Add external script syncing. [Akari]
* [Entity & Script] Add animation sequences and functions to manage entity animations (play_animation, play_animation_stop, set_default_animation). [Akari]
* [Script] Add script:wait function to pause script execution. [Akari]
* [Script] Add script entity and priority for them. [Akari]
* [Game & Script] Add scene load of map script. [Akari]
* [Entity & Script] Bind basic entity functions to script. [Akari]
* [Game & Script] Bind get entity by name to script. [Akari]
* [Script] Rename q_pring to print. [Akari]
* [Entity] add try to run "idle" animation by default during adding entity to scene. [Akari]
* [Entity] add animation start and update. [Akari]
* [Script] add "script_run_file" console command that executes lua file. [Akari]
* [Entity] Add base Entity class and EntityModel to implement models in scene. [Akari]
* [Entity] Add tag into scene file with position and direction. [Akari]
* [Script] Add script manager with Lua 5.1 and luabind. [Akari]
* [Console & Script] Add posibility to directly print lua script from console (mainly for debugging purpose). [Akari]
* [Script] Add "q_print" global function to scripts. [Akari]
* Rewrite console. [Akari]
* Add config commands. [Akari]
* Add config variable. [Akari]
* Add auto-completition. [Akari]
|Friday, June 11th, 2010|
nmkin5 model from sl1982
First step to make FFVII 3d =)
|Saturday, May 15th, 2010|
For those who interested in what's going on with q-gears:
I finish some low level staff, console commands and variables, inputs, events.
I'm working on loading of resources now. Background loading, file organization and such staff.
I'm work on particle system that can handle ffvii type of effects. It's not that easy. All effects are hardcoded so to implement them each of them needs to be reversed. Results will be here soon.
I'm work on battle 3d extractor/converter.
Wait for the good news =)
|Wednesday, December 30th, 2009|
Well I want to share some results from current year.
All spring and summer I was busy with real life. Only now I have time to work on engine and reversing.
I start engine again from scratch. But start not from game, but from a lot of debug drawing and additional features that was hard to implement in earlier version.
I reverce model initialization in FFVII and in FFIX, and start work on Xenogears (which is really differs from two other games). I understand how battle camera works in FFVII.
Exporter for field models of FFVII are done. FFIX exporter are on it's way. Sizes of models selected and standartized.
I already add Viewer module to engine so you can preview exported model with it's animations.
In addition our graphic programmer tell me good way to create 2.5d background drawing without tiling it. So when I export it it will be much better viewable. (Use second texture as Z buffer and draw each pixel depending on it).
I has a lot of other ideas to improve original data storage so even FFXIII can be exported to this engine when it's done =)
Happy new year to everybody =)
|Saturday, January 3rd, 2009|
Results of working on battle module.
Now I back to fields =)
|Friday, November 14th, 2008|
Yup, at this point Q-Gears need game designers. Not the actual game designers (who make up idea for the game), but the ones who make game itself (scripting levels, balancing units and so on).
Mainly we need one people, but it's not bad if there are two or more.
Requirements: understanding basic of programming languages. Ability to write documentation. Interest in game mechanic. Strong love to FFVII.
You will need to port inner FFVII content to Q_Gears.
- translate script to LUA, optimize it. Write documentation about game variables.
- export models and animations. Insert them ingame.
- export backgrounds.
- export texts.
- export and insert to game description file all inner things.
This is difficult but interesting work.
Maybe soon we will bed one more people for battle module. As soon as I finish the bases.
|Tuesday, November 11th, 2008|
Models and animations converted.
I convert enemy needed for 1st mission and test pyramid with idle animation. I can convert others model animations as well but they not needed for now.
Now I will try create battle cycle =)
|Saturday, November 8th, 2008|
Release of qgears 0.00 alpha-3 and we are going forward.
If you don't know yet - alpha 3 was released and even uploaded to sourceforge.http://sourceforge.net/projects/q-gears
Project moving towards 4th alpha which will be conlaining fully playable 1'st mission (until arrival to sector 7)
I will publish todo a bit later.
Now i work on battle model. To be more accurate - on battle model converter. For 4th alpha I planning create basic batle routine, damage calculation and battle animations working.